Cigna Producer Data and Application Specialist in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
We are looking for an analytical, organized and collaborative individual to join the Producer Analytics and Intelligence (PAI) team in Enterprise Sales Effectiveness.
The PAI team works closely with the Producer Relations and Producer Compensation teams to optimize broker reporting and compensation programs to effectively support our internal and external clients. The team also analyzes trends in the marketplace and drivers of performance with respect to producers. The goal of the team is to provide accurate, informative and timely information that supports revenue growth and business retention.
This role will be responsible for supporting data aggregation along with build and maintenance of tools and applications that can be used for reporting, forecasting, and modeling. Tools and applications will be used by others on the team in addition to the Sales team in the Field.
Data sets that this individual will be accountable for managing and integrating will include all those required to measure broker performance with regards to retention and growth, compensation eligibility and payments, book of business management and profitability. This includes data that originates in upstream systems, other departments (e.g. Finance, Underwriting, Actuarial), and external sources (e.g. Judy Diamond data).
Successful deployment of new data sets, tools and applications will involve the build and management of test plans, in coordination with the team’s project manager. This role will also need to support the development of logic for deriving standardized metric calculations and facilitating a means to continuously reproduce the logic for consistent measurement and analysis.
This person will collaborate with teams accountable for build-out of Business Intelligence tools and reports that will drive analytics on the PAI team and support the team’s stakeholder group.
The right candidate must have exceptional problem-solving skills and have experience building data sets and technology solutions under tight deadlines.
- Partner with upstream areas and other data SMEs to integrate relevant data sources for use by the PRI team
- Advise on design of new broker reports on new BI tools by ESE Informatics team (Tableau) and ensure understanding of tool capabilities across the team and by stakeholders including Sales
- Integrate relevant data sources (internal, external) for use by the PRI team
- Develop tools and applications for use by the PAI team and Stakeholders
- Extract data for ad hoc report and analysis requests as needed for use on the PRI team; enable data extraction on the team for standard data pulls; ensure accurate use and interpretation of data through documentation, review, and general education
Advise others on the team in the areas of:
Data definitions – what field to use when (depending on analysis needs)
- Data interpretation – what meaning can be extracted from various field values
- Data validation and quality review – ensuring data pulls are returning the expected results, calculations are working as expected, data is consistent with broker book of business, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of one year broad employee benefits is required (health, life, disability, voluntary benefits)
- Three years’ experience working with large data sets is required
- In-depth expertise with Microsoft Excel and Access is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint and Word is required
- Proficiency with data extraction tools (e.g. Hyperion, Cognos) is required
- Proficiency with SQL is required
- Knowledge of relational data structures is required
- Experience with data aggregation tools is required
- Experience with requirements gathering and analysis is required
- Experience developing and executing test plans for technology solutions is required
- Experience with broker compensation is highly desired
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview) is a plus
- Experience with workflow optimization is a plus
- Experience working with brokers and consultants is a plus
- Self-motivated/self-managing individual
- Strategic thinker; ability to see multiple dimensions, collaborate and develop the best solutions
- Deductive reasoning skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Critical thinking for problem resolution
- Ability to appropriately prioritize tasks based on impact to the business
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and assignments
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- High EQ (emotional intelligence) and a strong level of professionalism
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for Cigna's mission
Primary Location: Philadelphia-Pennsylvania
Work Locations: 1601 Chestnut St -Two Liberty Philadelphia 19192
Job: Bus Ops--Bus Proces & Proj Mgt
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: May 17, 2018, 11:11:34 AM
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. Need an accommodation? Email: SeeYourself@cigna.com