Penn Medicine Compliance Data Processor in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Compliance Data Processor
Job ID :72894
Job Category: Clerical/Administrative
Specialty Area: Clerical/Administrative
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: Full-Time
Penn Medicine Entity: Corporate Services
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Address: 3001 Market Street
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
The Compliance Data Processor will be responsible for the following:
• Receives, reviews, and enters data into Audit tracking database according to established procedures. Ensures accuracy of all data recorded and performs database maintenance functions.
• Responsible for the data entry and organization of documents related to government post-payment audits, to include coding and medical necessity reviews.
• Logs medical record requests and audit results, pulls required information together in a timely manner, submits information to audit firms, coordinates appeals documentation, and tracks appeal status.
• Acts a super-user for audit tracking software program, including testing of system enhancements and reporting of defects.
Minimum Requirements :
Minimum Degree Requirements and Experience Required:
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Previous employment experience in a health care and/or university setting is highly desirable.
• Must have a high level of productivity.
• Knowledge of medical billing, medical terminology and clinical documentation related to reimbursement processes.
• Ability to assume responsibility, maintain confidentiality, show initiative, independent thinking, resourcefulness, and good judgment.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail and follow through with action plans.
• Ability to sit and view computer terminal for long periods of time.
• Ability to adapt to change and handle multiple tasks in a complex environment.
• Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications to create/maintain spreadsheets, databases, and word processing functions.
• Using work planning and follow-through skills.
• Must exercises confidentiality and sensitivity in the performance of highly responsible duties under minimal supervision.
• High performance Quality Control at a minimum of 96% accuracy.
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.